Most blog awards are very personal things, and to formally receive the award you have to answer random questions and/or offer random facts about yourself. The Vampire Lover Blog Award is different, in that the questions and facts should be about a vampire. There are various ways to do this:
- If you, the recipient, are a real-life vampire (and I know at least one blogger who is) then you may choose to talk about yourself.
- If you are an author of vampire stories, you may allow one of your vampiric characters to receive the award. (This may also be a way for you to explore and develop aspects of character in works-in-progress.)
- For fun, you may select a vampire from film and/or literature and imagine how they would answer the questions.
- Or, you could imagine yourself a vampire, or create a new vampiric character solely for this purpose.
There are no restrictions about what kind of vampire you are. Perhaps you are a superheroic alpha vampire in search of his one true love, or perhaps you are an evil femme fatale who feeds on psychic and/or sexual energy.
If you need an externally hosted image for your blog, you can use these:
- Large image (600×400):
<img src="http://goo.gl/VDWvbL" alt="Vampire Lover Blog Award" />
- Small image (120×80):
<img src="http://goo.gl/yio2zc" alt="Vampire Lover Blog Award" />
- You must be a vampire.
- Link back to the one who nominated you.
- Display the Vampire Lover Blog Award image.
- State 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the list at
- State these rules.
- Nominate (and notify) at least 3 fellow bloggers.
Questions submitted, and credits:
- Does living as a vampire have the same appeal as prior to being turned (if you’re that type of vampire)? If you had to do it over, would you?
- What aspect of humanity or being human have you lost or used less – or has diminished the most?
- If you live forever, or for thousands of years, and are difficult to kill, and are very strong and powerful… how do you not become a sociopath? And go off and start doing anything you want and acting on any impulse?
- Is it true you have to be an old vampire to fly or teleport (being one place, disappearing, and showing up wherever you want to)? Or, if you were turned by a very old, strong vampire, does that give you the ability to do those things like flying or teleport that other vampires do?
Angela (demonsangel) Fitzgerald
- From what you’ve witnessed yourself, do the history books have it right?
- What’s it like to be a vampire?
- Do you miss food, the sun, or your heartbeat more?
- Are there any female vampires around?
- Is ‘live’ blood more beneficial than bagged blood? Is it true that the last blood from a dying person is sweeter due to their fear of death?
Dianne (Tome Tender)
- What was your first feed/kill like?
- If you had the choice to no longer be a vampire – to just be a human again – would you go for it?
- Do you find the idea of being undead – ‘living’ for ever, sleeping in a coffin, and so on – as horrifying as I do?
- If you had the chance to be human again to do one thing, what would it be?
- What do you think of the recent fashion for vampire books and films? Has it made your life harder or easier?
- With the success of vampires in the mainstream, do you find it harder in this day and age to survive?
- Vampire physiology must be very different from human physiology – how is human blood digested and processed in the blood system?
- What happens if you suck your own blood?
- Can you be turned back to a human?
- Can you have sex the ‘traditional’ way? Do you have any desire for sex?
- According to folklore, vampires can’t cross moving water. Does this present problems for you?
- Is it possible some vampire-related genes can be passed down through human bloodlines over the centuries?
- What significance, if any, does gender identity and sexual (etc.) orientation have for vampires?
- Are there other vampires, and if so what role does gender play in vampire society?
- How much is a pint of blood?
- They say a vampire’s bite brings pleasure rather than pain. Is that true, and how is that even possible?
- Do vampires possess a soul? What difference does having or not having a soul make? What happens when you die? (Assuming you can actually die… Can you?)
- Do you believe in ‘true love’ and ‘soul mates’?
- Would you date a werewolf?
- Should humans tolerate the existence of vampires?
- Who made you, and why? Was it by choice, or was the choice made for you?
- What is the most important thing to you?
- Is sex that much more enhanced than before? Do you feel your sexual drive is greater than before?
- Where do you come from?